, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

New Ink and Watercolor Illustration, Inking And coloring an illustration.

13:29


This is my first time experimenting with ink and watercolors together. 
I started this illustration with a vague and rough sketch, then I started adding more details.
When I felt  satisfied with the composition of the picture, I traced the drawing on regular tracing paper where I added all the final touches and details.  (Picture 1) 
Here comes the tricky part, now I need to move the drawing into my watercolor paper where I"ll be inking and coloring the illustration. And since I don't have a light table, I ended up tracing the picture with graphite paper. (picture 2) 
After transferring the drawing, I started inking all the drawing with a tiny brush a winsor & Newton black Indian Ink, and for the smaller details I used a 005 Micron Archival pen. (Picture 3) 
After finishing general lines I made a light ink wash for hair to add depth and movement.(picture 4-5)
Last step was with watercolors, I only colored the flowers and leaves, and  left the rest of illustration in black and white. 
I hope you guys like it. Give me your thoughts and suggestions. 
Scroll down for more pictures and details.
I will post the picture in my shop soon. 

 Picture 1

 Picture 2


 Picture 3


 Picture 4


 Picture 5




Picture 6










You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

My name is Koma and I am a freelance artist and illustrator, living in the beautiful suburbs of Toronto Canada.
I studied Interior Design and I hold a Masters degree in Interior Architecture and a Minor in Fine Arts.

As a kid i had the wildest imagination. I lived in a world filled with colours, fairies and witchcraft. And since I can't be a witch I decided to be an artist. :)
So after 6 years of working full time as an Interior Designer I decided to follow my dreams and start a career in art.

My Art varies from modern acrylic paintings of cityscape and landmarks, to acrylic installations of detailed tree stumps which I love to make.
My illustrations focus on fashion, lifestyle and of course colourful tree stumps.

I hope you will love my work and see the world through my eyes.

Koma

Instagram